I dabble with artwork a little and it can be a lot of fun. Still, this kind of work is more hobby than trade to me. I have had a little bit of success and I have to say, I am happy with the two new covers. Moving photos around, cropping images, fading them all together and adding titling around really is not that hard. Making it look good is a bit harder. You will have to tell me what you think because I am obviously too jaded to judge my own work fairly. Of course, for me it represents something I have imagined with the stories I am telling and those little bits are still mostly a secret to all of you.
Writing is definitely more my cup of java and on that note, The Spanking Days of Summer is progressing nicely. I am not firm on a release date quite yet, but I am shooting hard for the first weekend in July. Just to get you in the mood, here are few tidbits:
- Summer Pratt is the central figure of the story.
- Summer has gotten herself into some trouble in her hometown and her parents have pushed her off on her Aunt Lillian and Uncle Howard.
- Summer's Aunt and Uncle live in a small town called Oakville.
- Summer takes a liking to a bad boy, Jimmy Smythe and the first thing he does when they meet is smack her bottom.
- Jimmy's father owns the local hardware store and he makes oak paddles. Somehow I doubt they are for canoes.